Monday, March 14, 2011

a needed contemplation realiztaion

if you asked me
right now
how i was feeling
i'd respond with a
"weighted"
then a long sigh
then an eye roll
possibly a slunch of the back
and the another follow up of
"i just don't know".

quite frankly,
when do we ever know

it's not until we hit our weak points
that we suddenly realize
that we only have our today's
and our right heres of the present

it's easy to forget the 'taken for grantid'
when things are sweet and tangy,
enjoyable, and satisfying.

so let me relish in my weak points
let me slunch
and groan
and sigh.

for if it's the only thing that will enable
my realization of
how tiny we are on this earth
and how days aren't promised
than so be it.

let the irony seep in
let my vulnerability guide my epiphany.

we aren't promised anything.
nothing is guaranteed.

*remind myself to read this, when life is going well*

No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]