Sunday, March 27, 2011

Get Up and Went

today
for the first time
in a long while
i woke up smiling
woke up feeling an excitement in my bones
and a yearning in my blood

so i went with it
i went with it all the way to church
from new jersey to Pennsylvania 
i went with it at 100 mph
i went with it and smiled while i sang
smiled while i listened to the Gospel
smiled while i hiked up a mountain with caring friends
and i went with it
i went with it to the rocky rocks atop that mountain
and took it with me while i spoke of my rocky life
i went with it on the hike down
and the unfamiliar cruise home
i went with it to my apartment
into the familiar of my everyday's
and my reality of 'maybe's'
but i smiled the whole day
and held it in my hand
because for the first time in a long time
i felt my bones
and i felt the warmth of my body.
i woke up with these feelings today,

so i took it, and went with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]