Monday, February 14, 2011

two extremes

as it comes to that time of year again
its the time when i realize just how precious our lives are.
my father left this world 9 years ago
and 9 years later i still remember every sound in his voice
movement in his steps
and love in his words to his baby girl.

my dad was my man, and still is.
so on this day, i will choose not to be sad
but to remember his presence around me.

with that said.
i've been editing infant photos
of a 2 day old baby i got to know yesterday.
the beautiful world
of two extremes in my life right now,
is breath taking at times
but i'm thankful i can see life at its very first strages.

life, and death.
beauty in both
and for that, i am grateful
because i am thankful for my father and the life he lived
and i am thankful that this new life can experience the wonders
that this world has to offer.

love is all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]