Monday, February 28, 2011

breathing and eating

i am inspired by all things.
the air around  me
as well as the art around me.





here is a photo that really captures the essence of breathing out
and the fog in the air.
the quality of color i love, and ironically enough, the picture i took
is a subdued picture of pigment,
i think it's rather appropriate in my inspiration.



next, this is a paintig i'm working on
i'm giving it a go with the pallete knife
and i have to say i'm rather pleased with how comfortable i am with it.
it's very freeing.
in which for this whole semester thus far, ... well.. prior to this painting
i was holding my breath
feeling like i lost the talent to paint
so.. here i am
back in the swing of things.
it's great to be back
its great to feel alive again.





so hopefully i can start adapting
my technique into something
maybe more like this?




but.. in the mean time, some *food* for thought..




No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]