Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two Ships

heavy hearts, heavy ships
being carried out into the opposite direction.
such a magnified, concentrated preview of time
we filled each space needed to be filled.
intrigue, questioning, admiration.
desire and love as much as another can do so
within such short notice.

you find yourself searching, searching, searching
just for someone to notice you.
for one month, you go out of your way
to lock glances in hope that they would see something
special in you.

yet life isn't meant to try so hard.
life doesn't have to put in so much effort.
love, like a contagious spell
seeks out its next victim
and catches both representatives off guard.

ready for my overwork glances to be packed away
into my suitcase,
an effortless gaze sought me out.
locked me in
as if i had no choice but to hand over my heart
only somewhat in tact.

like snowfall in this summer heat
was my expectancy for this
seemingly flawless attraction.

attraction turned into admiration
admiration into wonder
wonder into the surreal
surreal into the believable
believable into an impossible love.
the impossible love into my packed suitcase
and a goodbye that i wish i never had to remember.

heavy hearts, heavy ships
being carried in the opposite direction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]