Sunday, July 24, 2011

Far

when i get outside
and look around
its only natural for me to hear you
in the stars.
like i can hear you looking at the same
constellations that my eyes are fixed on
though we're far and distanced
i can feel you watching the same scene im watching.
and even on the crummiest of crummy days,
the comfort of knowing that we're
split between state lines
yet conjoined through constellations
makes me feel not so far, or cold, or scared.

today, though
when i got out of my car
to look up at that night sky
i knew you weren't looking along with me.
i could feel you forgetting about the stars
and i could just feel
that we were indeed separated by state lines
and we were in fact not held together
by the star's common ground anymore.
i knew, it was only i looking up
into that blanket of constellations.
and in that moment, because i knew i was alone in my star gaze
i felt more distanced than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]