Monday, April 4, 2011

a true love

ive moved several times in my life.
a solid ten times.
though twenty-one, changing location that many times
in most commonly unheard of
yet i find myself sitting back and putting my hands behind my head
in relaxation
and realizing that ive had so many wonderful people flow in and out of my life.

no matter where i am
or who i'm surrounded with
life tends to run faster than me
and i find myself trying to catch up
(though it's not ever really possible)

sometimes i feel like ive been delt a crappy hand
or 'if i could just have it this way...life would be good'
but life doesnt work out as such.

you are where you are
and im proud to say that
i am where i am
and i will be me, through and through.

and its nights like these
when i can take a snapshot of my life
and zoom it into a week
and realize how truly blessed i am.

i have beautiful friends
and loving people all around me
who care to care about me through and through.

when life runs ahead of me, and i feel the weight of it all
it's the extra boost of my loving friends and family
that pause life for a moment
and make me drop the weight of everything around.

i'm thankful beyond measure, and i like that ive grown
into a twenty-one-not-so-looking-twenty-one-year old
with friends who:
i can express ideas with
i can verbalize frustrations in my life
i can enjoy making a face or two in a time of lull or boredom
i can dance with
i can spend a day on the couch laughing about the funny people in our lives
i can finally break down to if it comes to that point
i can enjoy every second i'm with them because i know they'll always be there for me.


when life deals you a crappy hand
look around you
and take your friends' hand
and wipe some of that crap on theirs

because if they love you
they sure as hell wont mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]