Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gelatin

i found out today i have 20/10 vision
this is a good, great thing.
"better than 20/20", says the doctor
and i smile with pride, or so they call it.
then i cross my legs, and locate my hand to my chin
and wonder
how clearly, or, not so clearly, i have been seeing my whole life.
not the literal see
but the vision in which determines decisions
allows for remaining content when you should be eager
a sight that lets me interpret life correctly
or not-so-correctly
if i've got blinders on
or im in a pool full of gelatin.

what i'm really saying
mixed in with all this babble 
or gelatin
and 20/10
is that hindsight
is always clearer.
my hindsight is 20/10
but my now-in-the-moment
is 20/not-so-great.

in the moment we can assess
and think we're making the right decisions
and settling with the right choices
and understanding why we say the things we do

but when we step back
into the world of hindsight
vision becomes clearer
and we wonder 
"why on earth did i put up with that"
"why  would i have sat back and swallowed those words in that moment?"
"why didnt i..."

its because when you're in a pool of gelatin
the 'right-before-my-eye's-present-time' is foggy.

i know this now.
i'll focus on improving my vision in all 
tenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[insert lovin' here]